There’s a Whole World of Adventure Waiting at Day Camp!
“…Just as children need good nutrition and adequate sleep, they may very well need contact with nature.”– Richard Louv
At Baltimore Woods, we believe that the benefits of connections to nature throughout childhood cannot be overestimated. Baltimore Woods has been running a successful nature day camp program for more than 25 years. We focus on natural history education through spending as much time as possible outside, in the woods, and on the trails. We believe that the best way to help children learn about nature is to experience it first hand, at their own pace.
Early Registration – Register by April 30, 2016 and deduct $10 from the total camp registration fee.
Multiple Week – $5 discount per week when you register your child for more than one week.
Multiple Child – $5 discount per child when you register more than one camper
Multiple Child Multiple Week – $10 discount per week when you register more than one child for more than one week.
You must have a BWNC Family Membership ($40) to attend camp which can be obtained at the time of registration.
• Their own food (including snack) and drink for the day
• At least one or two bottles (no glass) of water each day
• A sturdy backpack. They cannot use hand-held packs or lunch boxes. Campers’ hands and arms will get too tired and they need their arms for balance when walking through woods and along streams.
• A hat
• Long pants for walking though heavy brush
• Sneakers or hiking boots (no open-toed sandals)
• A book to read or journal to write in during quiet rest times.
Each counselor is equipped with a walkie-talkie so they can stay in touch with all the other counselors and the main office at all times. Each counselor is supplied with a small first-aid kit.
Each counselor works with a group of no more than 11 children similar in age and physical abilities. When possible, one or more Teen Volunteers are assigned to a group. TVs are former campers running in age from 14-17 who volunteer to help counselors